Horizon Outreach hosted its 4th Annual Thanksgiving Outreach Seminar Event on Saturday, November 16, 2013 at Horizon Outreach’s main office. The Annual Thanksgiving Outreach Seminar is a collaborative effort with community agencies to connect families to resources and to provide immediate resources to families in need. This event is going into its 5th year and this far has been responsible for connecting over 700 families to community resources. Many of those families were prevented from entering homelessness or were provided housing assistance to end homelessness.
This year’s event highlighted “The Fall Fatherhood Buzz Men’s Health Initiative”, Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week and assisted with helping families to enroll in Affordable Healthcare options.
Father’s and Families Received the following:
- Overview of the Affordable Healthcare Act – We had a healthcare navigator onsite who assisted families with selecting affordable healthcare options.
- Healthy Living – Families received information on healthy living and the importance of keeping abreast of their health.
- Free Haircuts – Husbands, wives, children received free quality haircuts from The Look Salon.
- Local Community Agencies were onsite to provide families with immediate assistance for rental/utility and childcare assistance
- Thanksgiving Meal – Healthy Thanksgiving Meal served
- Resources Information onsite – Community Resources, housing agencies, etc.
- Assurance Wireless onsite – Families were able to sign-up for free cell-phones
- Mental Health Referrals – Provided onsite to a family who was in need of grief counseling
- Fun Activities for Kids!!
- Live Entertainment!